I love strawberries and eat them almost daily. I know that the juicy red fruit is packed full of vitamins for the body and skin. That's why I am so excited to feature organic strawberry seed oil in our No. 51 Rose Clay Cleansing Melt.
Strawberry Seed Oil, produced from the tiny seeds of these vibrant red berries, is gaining increased recognition for its impressive composition of essential fatty acids that includes up to 38% Omega-3 Linolenic Acid. Strawberry Seed Oil is also a rich source of tocopherols (vitamin E) and antioxidants.
Skin-loving Benefits of Strawberry Seed Oil
Strawberry Seed Oil is considered a 'dry oil,' which means it is absorbed quickly and easily and leaves no residue on the skin. The ellagic acid (natural phenol antioxidant found in numerous fruits and vegetables) in Strawberry Seed Oil is the main reason it's beneficial for your skin and makes a great addition to a cleansing oil. The omega 3 and 6 oils and the vitamin E, moisturizes, improves elasticity and is good at plumping-up fine lines. It's excellent for skin that is dry, sensitive or flaking.
Strawberry Seed Oil benefits for skin:
- It deeply moistures the skin without making it greasy and clogging the pores. It protects and repairs the barrier of the skin that helps restore smoothness and suppleness.
- Prevents collagen breakdown under the skin, and promotes new collagen production, improves the elasticity of the skin, smooths the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Calms and soothes dry, chapped, and sensitive skin. It treats skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis.
- It helps reduce scars and stretch marks, treats cellulite.
- Acts as a mild sunscreen protect the skin from harmful UV rays.