Maracuja or Passionfruit is relativity unknown to most. Maracuja oil originates from the Amazon Forest and is typically extracted from either the seeds of the fruit or from passion flowers, an exotic, beautiful flower that offers a host of health benefits. This oil is increasingly popular to use to improve the skin, hair, and nails.
Maracuja oil is rich in vitamins A, E, C, and calcium and phosphorus. Maracuja oil is a powerful emollient rich in vitamin C. The high content of essential fatty acids and light texture makes maracuja oil valuable in treating wrinkles & dry aging skin.
Maracuja oil is a powerful emollient rich in vitamin C, calcium, and phosphorus. The high content of essential fatty acids and light texture makes maracuja oil valuable in treating wrinkles & dry aging skin. Additionally, according to a study published in the International Journal of Cosmetic Science, passion fruit oil can inhibit the production of melanin; which makes this oil a natural alternative for treating hyperpigmentation. Maracuja oil seeds contain linoleic acid, an ingredient effective in cell regulation and skin barrier repair. Additionally, passion fruit seed oil is considered to be a good moisturizer.
Maracuja oil contains 72.6 percent linoleic acid, which makes it one of the best sources of the essential fatty acid on the planet. The oil extracted from passion fruit seeds was rich in linoleic acid, one of the essential fatty acids which play a key role in supporting skin health. Because Maracuja oil has a non-comedogenic rating of 0 it is good for acne-prone skin as well due to its non-clogging moisturizing action.
Maracuja oil offers anti-inflammatory benefits for conditions like eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, and acne. It has both antibacterial and antioxidant compounds, which can help to improve the appearance of the skin, minimize wrinkles and age spots, and even increase the elasticity of the skin.
Acne Prevention – The oil has a high antioxidant content which protects your skin from any environmental stressors. The oil is also able to help balance out your skin's oil due to its high composition of linoleic acid (77%)
Plumping – The fatty acids within the oil keep the skin feeling moisturized while not leaving an over oily. Your face will not feel oily it will feel soft to touch and have a healthy glow.
Anti-Aging – Vitamin A from the carotenoids helps to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the skin.
- Readily penetrates the skin to deeply moisturize and reduce dry skin. Thanks to the high fatty acid content, it penetrates the skin to bring moisturizer much more effectively than other oils.
- Heals dry, chapped or cracked skin. The high content of the antioxidant lycopene helps to improve skin tone and works with vitamin C to help promote collagen production
- Balances the skin’s moisture and helps to reduce oily skin
- Reduces inflammation to help treat acne, rashes and other skin conditions by providing the skin with linoleic acid, usually missing in people with acne-prone skin
- Scavenges free radicals with its antioxidant properties, preventing damage while helping to reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Relieves itching
- Light texture with protective properties to prevent moisture from leaving the skin
Additionally, studies have shown that acne-prone skin is usually deficient in linoleic acid, and thanks to maracujá oil’s high linoleic acid content, it will help to balance the skin and prevent acne.
Our No. 29 Prickly Pear + Maracujá Facial Oil has the moisturizing, anti-aging and anti-inflammatory benefits of maracujá oil to revitalize your skin All of our products use cold-pressed oils in order to ensure that you're receiving the best quality product you possibly can.